Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Uh..HELLO!!!! My plants do not smoke!



We have a great party home. We have a great pool and Bar-B-Que area and we have great friends. We love entertaining and for the most part the majority of our friends are very neat and clean and wouldn't dream of being disrespectful to our home or property. Some friends though just don't get it.

It never fails that we throw a pool party and people end up using all my planters on the patio as ashtrays. This is one of the most annoying things I think a person can do.

I know people smoke. I don't smoke but not a problem. Many, if not most of my friends do smoke. I'm a good hostess, I always take this need into consideration and provide ashtrays everywhere for the use of my friends who prefer to pollute their lungs. It's all good. We have ashtrays everywhere. At the bar-b-que area, at the bar, in all three tiki huts, on every table, around the jacuzzi and everywhere else you could possibly imagine.

So why is it then that every time a party is over and I'm cleaning up the next day I find dozens and dozens of cigarette butts in my planters?!?

HELLO PEOPLE!!! My plants DO NOT SMOKE!! I literally hate it when people are inconsiderate this way. You have ashtrays everywhere. Why do people assume it is okay to use someone elses planters as ashtrays?

Or even better still is when some moron that uses chewing tobacco decides that one of your planters would make a good spitoon and they stand there spitting on your poor helpless plant!

I've become a real bitch about it lately. I mean enough is enough! How many times do you have to tell folks that it is NOT okay to grind your butts out in my planters? Finally, I started posting signs everywhere around the yard.

The sign features an angry looking plant (I'd call it a Piranha Plant) and says the following:

We do not smoke.
NOR DO OUR PLANTS!
So why then would you think it is okay to grind your nasty butts out in our planters?
Guess what?
IT'S NOT OKAY!

Okay, so this is pretty blunt and to the point, right? You'd think that any moron could read the sign and figure out that it's not okay to grind your butts out in the planters, right?

But Ohhhhh Nooooo.... the morons just don't get it and last month after yet another fun party, I had to go around and "de-butt" my poor plants! What's a person to do??

I've decided that for now on I am going to watch and see who is grinding their butts out in my planters. The next time I catch someone doing it I am going to wait until they light up again and then I'm going to go up to them, take their newly lit cigarette away, and bend over and GRIND IT OUT ON THEIR SHOE!

If they don't happen to be wearing any shoes..... "Oh well, here's a band-aid!"

Maybe if I burn enough shoes/feet people will start getting the point! Ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment