Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Discount Drug Store Lazy Ass Managers

This is to all you LAZY-ASS Managers that manage the Rite-Aid and Walgreens stores... More specifically the Rite-Aid and Walgreens that are located in SUN CITY, CA.



The service in these two stores SUCKS big-time! The employees that are working in the Sun City Walgreens barely speak English and the ones working in the Sun City Rite-Aid just flat out refuse to help at all!



So I've got an extra $40. this week to spend on myself! Yes, that's right...we budget ourselves so strictly in this economy (as everyone else should) that having an extra $40. to spend is a BIG DEAL to me!

So I decide that with my $40. I will use it to by myself a luxury item, a bottle of perfume (as I'm totally out and have NONE)!

I go to Rite-Aid first. I walk in and go over to the locked perfume cabinets and try and peer in. There's a Mexican girl there moving boxes around and she's stacking them up against the GLASS perfume cabinet blocking my view of the perfume bottles more and more with each box.

"Excuse me miss" I say.. "I'd like to look at the perfume please."

She looks at me like she's really being put out and says "I'll have to go and get a manager, I don't have a set of keys."

"Okay, I'll wait here for you. I'd like to get a bottle of Obsession." I answer politely. She half-ass rolls her eyes at me and says "I'll be right back."

5 full minutes go by and no sales girl and no keys. I'm annoyed now. I walk up to the cashier and explain that I want to buy some perfume and that the sales girl who had no keys went to find a manager with keys and has not returned. The cashier looks at me like I'm a dimwit and says "Well, I'll try and call the manager for you, I can't leave my register. Go back and wait by the perfume cabinets and she'll be right there to open them up for you."

Okay, whatever... I wander back to the perfume cabinets to await the manager with keys. Lo and behold there is the same Mexican sales girl back at the perfume cabinets and now stacking up MORE BOXES to further block my view!

"Where's the manager?" I ask, thoroughly annoyed.

"She's on her way, she'll be here in a minute." She replies.

"Well, do you think you can STOP stacking up the boxes until she gets here so I can see what it is I want to purchase?" I'm trying to be cool but I just want to smack her in her fat, over-made up face.

"You said you wanted Obsession, the Obsession is right there, my boxes aren't blocking it." She's so annoying me now.

I mean, I'm the customer and I'M RIGHT!! Maybe I've changed my mind and want something different now. Maybe I want a second bottle of something else, maybe I want to wring your stupid neck! Of course, I can't say these things, I HAVE to be nice, no?

"You know what, just forget it, I'll go to Walgreens instead!" I snarl. At that time up comes the manager with her keys in hand and says "Hello, how can I help you today?"

Now I'm PISSED!!

"Guess what??? You CAN'T help me!! I've been here for 10 minutes now and all's I wanted to do was buy a bottle of perfume. Your sales girl is lousy, your management, which is you is lousy and quite frankly I think the Rite Aid here SUCKS." I'm thoroughly enjoying bitching her out and hoping I'll get the stupid sales girl in some sort of trouble. "I'm taking my business to Walgreens instead."


I leave and go to the Walgreens one parking lot over.




Wouldn't you know it...same shitty service! I go straight to the cosmetics counter and again no one shows up. I go to the cashier and this time it's an oriental lady. "I'd like to buy some perfume." I state.

"Okai, I be right dere." She replies with her thick chinese accent.

I don't get it, why is it that in an ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRY, we cannot find anybody that speaks English without some foreign butchered version?

Again, close to 5 minutes go by and nobody shows up at the perfume counter. I spot a girl with a Walgreens smock on and hurriedly go up to her and as she attempts to brush past me I state.. "Hi, I want to buy some perfume and the cashier said she'd be right here but I've been waiting now for 5 minutes. Do you think you could help me?"

"Oh, sorry, but I'm just getting off on my break right now but I'll send someone over." She says as she all but runs past me.

Whatever happened to good ol American service? There's a reason Rite-Aid and Walgreens are so cheap. They all hire inadequate, inept, moron foreigners to do the work of English speaking Americans because they will work for a ton less money.

Of course, no-one shows up and once again I leave the store empty handed.

Well CHECK IT OUT RITE-AID & WALGREENS!! I'm taking my money and spending it at Macy's or Gottschalks or JC Penney's instead! I may pay a bit more at these stores but at least they understand the meaning of SERVICE and at least they require their employees to have perfect English speaking abilities. The small bit of money I would have saved at these discount drug stores is not worth the wait it takes to get someone to help you out and certainly not worth the confusion of having to speak with someone that CAN'T SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE!!

I'm glad Rite-Aid and Walgreens make so much money that they don't have to treat their American patrons with any respect or grant us any service.

Walgreens and Rite-Aid, you both can go to hell. From now on I will do nothing but tell the world about what a poorly run and poorly managed store you both are.



1 comment:

  1. Go to Penneys. The girls there are on commission & want you to buy something. The cholas at Walgreens are too busy stealing to care.

    ReplyDelete